Diploma in Perioperative Theatre Technology
We offer training in the field of preoperative theatre technology both for Diploma and Certificate programs. Theatre technicians are responsible for the following:
- Responsible for disinfection, preparation, cleanliness and maintenance of the operating room before and after surgery and assist in the bring patients to the operation room.
- Maintains cleanliness in the operating room and ensures adequacy of provisions before a surgery.
- Clean and disinfect surgical instrument and equipment after surgery.
- Prepare surgical instrument and equipment for autoclaving /sterilization per protocol
- Maintains and keeps all surgical tools sterile and orderly.
- Maintains and keeps all equipment clean and functional
- Prepare the patient before surgery by washings disinfection the area for surgery.
- Prepare necessary equipment and instrument prior to procedure/surgery.
- Assists in bringing the patient to the operating room.
- Attends the needs of the patients while inside the operation room.
- Assist surgeon during the procedure.
- Assist nursing staff in keeping patient safe the procedure by assisting with the application of restraints and following the recommended protocol.
- Takes care of any specimen obtained for testing following laboratory procedures /protocol. Provides assistance to the surgical team and coordinates very closely with the doctors, nurses and laboratory staff.
- Clean and disinfect operating room area after each procedure /surgery.
- County Government hospitals
- Government Health Parastatals
- Private Hospitals
- Community Health services
Course Duration 2 years
Semester Duration: 4 Academic semesters
Qualifications for the course
- KCSE mean grade C- minus