Diploma in Health Records with I.T
We offer training in the field of health record information technology both for diploma and certificate programs with future prospects of Bachelor of science in health record and information technology Health records officers classify, code and categorize patient information for data. They also maintain patient’s medical and treatment information.
Responsibilities of health Records officers
- Gather patient demographic and personal information.
- Distribute medical charts to the appropriate departments of the hospital.
- Maintain quality and accurate record following hospital procedure.
- Ensure patient charts, paper work and reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Make sure all medical records are protected and kept confidential.
- File all patients’ medical records and information.
- Supply the nursing department with the appropriate documents and forms.
- Complete clerical duties including answering phones, responding to emails. And processing patient’s admission and discharge record
- Receive and documenting patients at hospital reception/admission desk
- Registering and booking appointments of patients for clinics and consultants
- Editing of patients care records.
- Directing patients to relevant clinics.
- Scheduling of patients to the consultants and specially clinics
- Storing and retrieving medical records documents
- Updating be returns, balancing daily bed returns.
- County Government hospitals
- Government health departments
- Healthcare insurance firms
- Community health services
- Research institutions
- Academic institutions
- Non-governmental organizations
- Computer and information technology(IT) companies
- Financial institutions (health programmes)
Course Duration: 2 years
Semester Duration: 4 Academic semesters
Diploma in Health Records and Information Systems. Minimum course entry requirements : KCSE mean grade of C-(Minus)
Regulator and examinational body: TVET CDAC