PCEA Chogoria Hospital is a mission Hospital which was founded in 1922 by the Church of Scotland. The ownership of the hospital is by the Presbyterian Church of East Africa (PCEA). PCEA Chogoria Hospital is a Christian not –for-profit organisation registered under Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board Act of Kenya.
The hospital is situated within the fast-growing Chogoria Township in Chogoria Division, Tharaka Nithi County of former Eastern Province of Kenya. It is about 200 km north of Nairobi, along the Embu-Meru highway, 16 km north of Chuka town.
Due to its location on the slopes of Mt. Kenya, Chogoria has relatively cool and pleasant weather conditions. The area is well served with public transportation, electricity, water, mobile network and other communication infrastructure.
Today PCEA Chogoria Hospital is one of the largest mission hospitals in Kenya with a 295 bed capacity and focuses on the provision of Curative, Preventive and Promotive Health Care services.
Due to the emerging health facilities PCEA Chogoria has become the referral and teaching hospital in the area and the preferred Hospital of choice.
The trainings include college of nursing and residency training.
To be a Christian centre of excellence offering quality health care services and training.
To witness to the Lord Jesus Christ by providing quality holistic healthcare that is affordable and sustainable, to the Glory of God.
CORE VALUES AND GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Stewardship – We strive to be accountable for resources bestowed on us in our healing ministry.
- Team Work – We acknowledge the diverse skills, talents and ideas that we all bring together and seek to coordinate these, and our efforts, to the service of our patients.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – We are part of the community that we live in and we seek to be involved in the continuous improvement of our community.
- Quality Service – We define quality to mean providing to our patients safe, effective and efficient outcomes by applying the highest level of professionalism in our service.
- Holistic Service – Rooted in the healing ministry of Christ, we seek to provide not just physical healing of the body but also the healing of the souls and minds of our patients.
- God Fearing – We seek to serve our patients in ways that show our respect and love of God.
- Provision of holistic health care (preventive and curative)
- Training and development of Health Human Resources and
- Medical Research and planning
PCEA Chogoria Hospital Being a Christian institution offers serene conducive environment for treatment and healing. Our Clinicians are experienced, caring, ethical and professional in discharging their responsibilities. At PCEA Chogoria Hospital we ensure customer confidentiality and privacy. At our Hospital we partner with the community since they are our customer that is why we care about their health and provide free medical camp services from time to time.
Our Hospital is NHIF Outpatient and Inpatient accredited offering services to clients under the National scheme and Civil servants scheme.
We work everyday to ensure that your experience at PCEA Chogoria Hospital is the best.
YOU CAN PAY VIA MPESA
You can now pay your bills via M-pesa. Our pay bill number is 502052. To pay using using M-pesa read more below for further instructions.