PCEA Chogoria Hospital was established in 1922 and serves as a referral and teaching hospital. It has a 295 bed capacity that focuses on the provision of Curative, Preventive and Promotive Health Care services in the greater Meru, Embu and as far as Isiolo and Marsabit Counties.
We are seeking to fill the following position:
- NURSING TUTOR- ( 1 POST)
Position Summary: This position is responsible for delivery of high quality instruction to students, in line with various regulatory bodies and PCEA Chogoria Hospital’s Clive Irvine College of Health Sciences standards.
Minimum Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide theoretical and clinical instruction to students to ensure acquisition of all domain of competency
- Evaluate academic progress of students, record findings and devise action plans where necessary.
- Develop and review curriculum in line with Nursing Council requirements
- Conduct student evaluation (theory and practical) to monitor academic progress.
- Maintain clinical competency by regular clinical practice and take responsibility for own professional development.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement, clinical audit and research.
- Ensure proper management of consumables to maximize efficiency and cost control.
- Manage the relationship with all key stakeholders both internally and externally and maintain appropriate communication with them.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor or the Hospital Management in the best interest of the institution
Required Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of BSC. Nursing/ DAN
- Must be registered by the Nursing Council Kenya
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodology
- Research and development skills an advantage
- Have current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues (specific knowledge with regards to healthcare services and related education)
- Registration with CDAC/TVETA will be an added advantage
Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Superior interpersonal skills and team work
- High degree of professionalism and ethics
- Must demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Due to the volumes of applications, only soft copy applications will be accepted. Hard copy applications will not be accepted
- Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- We do not charge any fee for receiving CV’s or for interviewing.
- All communications will be through the official line and email
- PCEA Chogoria Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Friday 26th August 2022.