Mission and Story About Our Medical
Chogoria hospital was started by the Scottish missionaries back in 1922 with the help of Mr and Mrs. Irvine being in charge. Chogoria hospital is on a side-road which branches off Embu – Meru highway about 2km from the highway. Chogoria hospital was built in a serene environment around 200km north of Nairobi city. It is situated within the fast growing Chogoria township in Mwimbi division, Maara district in Tharaka – Nithi county.
The first permanent building of the hospital was built in 1926. The hospital was then established under the management of the Scottish missionaries and later the ownership was transferred from the church of Scotland to the Presbyterian Church of East Africa (PCEA) in 1956. The hospitals sit in a land of average 10 acres. It has developed to have a Nursing College – Clive Irvine College. This is a department on its own of the PCEA Chogoria Hospital. It was established as a nursing training school in 1951. The hospital also has an outpatient wing whose permanent building was setup in 1926. The medical wards for men and women was built in 1971, the surgical wing was also built in1971 followed by the maternity ward in 1972 plus the pediatric ward built in 1980.
Easy and Affordable
Highly Qualified Team
Dr. Daryl Cornelius
What Our Customers Say?
ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.